#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Please allow me to "Re-introduce Myself"

Aloha,

(Whoo... what's with this weird, white background...)
 
OK, where was I... As you may remember like it was only last year, 2012 was an amazing 366 days (I'm trying not to say "year" more than once. Saying "year" multiple times - like I wrote "year" above -  can be bothersome to some.) 
 
Anyway, one of the positive things was that so many new writers joined the blogging community.
 
We visit other blogger’s sites and they visit us.
 
However, many new bloggers and the more established ones (like those folk who don't need hyperlinks to their sites :) ... well, often it turns out we don't really know much about each other, do we?
 
(Now, sometimes that isn't necessarily a bad thing, he cackled wildly, before running off to the beach in a grass skirt, coconut bra as he tried (valiantly) to shed the calorific residue of yet another plate of fresh spam.)
 
(Hang on, isn't "fresh Spam" an oxymoron?)
 
Mayhap, but please continue. 
OK, this Blogfest, which takes place JANUARY 28th is a cool opportunity to re-introduce ourselves to our ever-expanding circles of fun-fluence (and I don't mean that annoying Google thing, either... am I in your circle... do I have to plus myself in... why haven't you shared anything with me yet???:)
 
The Re-introduce Myself Blogfest was created by Stephen Tremp and will be co-hosted by Elise Fallson, C.M. Brown and me, the Beacon of Baldness.
 
So, go on, simply take a moment and tell us something interesting about yourself.
 
Anything...
 
Legal... (I'm sure THE GOV. won't be too happy if you share that you once wore an insect's costume at a Halloween party.)
 
It can be about writing, blogging, or a hidden talent. Perhaps you're in the Witness Protection Program like me... oops...

Feel free to keep your post short. This is meant to be a quick and fun Blogfest. Like Stephen, I’m keeping mine to under 100 words.
 
Cheers, and feel free to join the Linky List below... it won't bite and doesn't need to be fed Spam... I have nine more cans... anyone want one :)
 
 
 
 

34 comments:

Suzi said...

Pressure's on. I signed up, but I have no idea what to talk about. And now I have only 2 weeks. I hope I can find something... anything. (Oh man, I've already got a headache.) :)

Julie Flanders said...

This is a great idea for a fest, and any post title that references a Stones song is alright by me. You cracked me up about Google+ LOL. I really hate it and can't figure out what I'm even supposed to do with it. And it seems no matter who I click on, it says they haven't shared anything with me yet. It's tough on self-esteem.

Thanks for hosting this new fest!

Elise Fallson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elise Fallson said...

The govn't knows? But how? Do they know the insect's costume was a bit tight in *some* places? Damn it Mark, where is my aluminum hat?!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

But Ninjas are supposed to be mysterious...

DRC said...

Hee heee...Elise, your comment cracked me up :)

Took the plunge and signed up. I've not done a blogfest before so this should be interesting :)

Al Diaz said...

Sounds like fun. Now to think what of my dragon life can go public. hmmmmm....

Shell Flower said...

Sounds like a festive fest. When I first read your post, I read "Beacon of Baldness" as BACON of Baldness. LOL. Must be all that spam on the brain.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Oh, this sounds really fun! I can't join in because I already have someone doing a guest post that day, but I can't wait to go around and read everyone's! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not a real hop or fest person, but this one truly caught my attention and sounds fun. I'd love to learn more about other people. Great idea.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

This is a great idea for a blogfest.

Morgan said...

Love this idea, Marky Mark!

I. Can. Do. This...

Must. Force. My. Self. To. Do. A. Nother. Blog. Fest...

DL Hammons said...

I'm totally on-board! Great idea!! :)

Nick Wilford said...

This is a cool idea! I signed up earlier (or yesterday? V tired now). And since then I had a revelation on what to post about!

Libby said...

If I was not swamped, I would totally take you up on that.

Samantha May said...

I'm in, oh Beacon of Baldness :D


Seriously, I don't even own a hula skirt Mark.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I'm in. Don't know what "mind-blowing facet of me" I'm gonna write about, but I'm in.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Signed up. This will be an interesting blogfest indeed.

Tamara said...

Awesome idea for a blogfest, but I JUST got done reading Dreamcatcher, by Stephen King--which repeatedly referenced the song Sympathy for the Devil. It was a looong book, so that song was stuck on a never-ending loop in my head for the better part of a week. I just got it out of my brain yesterday...

And now, thanks to you...

Brinda said...

It sounds fun. I look forward to reading the posts. I already have a post that day or I'd participate.

Laura Eno said...

Great idea!

Michelle Wallace said...

It will be very interesting to read what people choose to divulge...
The 100 word limit is practical... it gives readers an opportunity to visit more posts...

M Pax said...

It's a good idea. I hope I think up something to say besides what my name is.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I'm all signed up! And I'm jealous that I don't have my own grass skirt, but I do wear my a coconut bra daily...saves me from having to stuff a regular one with toilet paper.

Nicole said...

Saw this the other day and signed up. A great way to (re) get to know everyone in the blogosphere.

Melissa said...

Ugh. I'm so torn. I'd love to join, but I'm so blog-hopped out right now. It's WIP time. Besides, there'll be quite a bit of soul bearing on my blog the first week of Feb.

Don't hate me for not hopping on the linky. :(

baygirl32 said...

Immediately symphany for the devil is blasting in my head! I'm in

Nancy Thompson said...

I'm already in! See you at the party!

Chancelet said...

Looking forward to this! Another great idea.

Meradeth Houston said...

Love this idea! Though you all may regret learning much more about me (insert evil scientist laugh here).

Mildred R Holmes said...

I learned the hard way. Reformat by removing the formatting and preview. Should get your original background. I've had to do that with some of my father's posts.

I'm trying to sign up but the linky tool says the Oh. will try something else.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I almost forgot about this one!
All signed up and ready to go. Thank you for hosting this.

Tim
The Other Side

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I almost forgot about this one!
All signed up and ready to go. Thank you for hosting this.

Tim
The Other Side

Mike Goad said...

Thanks for hosting. I've never done a blogfest before though I've been blogging since 2004. Great idea!

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;